Monday, September 5, 2011

Ain't no mountain high enough...

On September 2nd I decided to check out Mt. Seorak, South Korea's 3rd highest peak, and possibly most beautiful Autumn destination. I had heard so many things about the beauty of this place so I had to go. We arrived at 3am and immediately started hiking . The first hour of this hike was mostly upstairs... and it was brutal for me. But I knew if I got passed this I could hike the next 11 hours. The sun came up and the weather was foggy and rainy at first, but eventually it cleared up and the sights were gorgeous. The last four hours of the hike was waterfall after waterfall and gigantic, breathtaking boulders. It was nice to finally see some nature in Korea!
 That night we camped on a beach in Sokcho, had breakfast and lunch there, then headed home. I was sore for 7 days after this trip!! But focusing your mind and body into something as tough as this is very rewarding... A feeling like nothing else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment