Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our First Day in Pyeongtaek

I woke up around 6am because we went to sleep around 10pm. Excited for the day. Steve's co-teacher met us at our apartment last night to give us the keys. She also told us that my co-teacher will be meeting us at 9am to take us to the market and help us get necessities and groceries from the store. Then we have to go to the doctor to get a health check up. When we are finished with that, Steve's co-worker is going to pick him up and take him to his school to meet the school director (on a Saturday?! Looks like we'll be starting work on Monday!).

So far I don't feel too much culture shock. I feel like living in LA prepares on for a place like this. It's sort of a cross between LA's Koreatown, Vegas, and the stores in downtown Buenos Aires. So far, Steve and I love what we've seen of our neightborhood. Can't wait to explore!

1 comment:

  1. I teach in Pyeongtaek, how did you guys like it here? And did you get to meet the five people that live here lol?

    ReplyDelete